Our next challenge.........


Adriano Zumbo's fabulous V8 Cake as seen on Masterchef 2010. For those needing to see the whole recipe find it here. We are all working to achieve our set layer and the cake will be assembled at Karen L's Saturday the 25th September with the help of our own masterchef Tracy. Good luck to you all and I hope we can pull this off, I'll be adding a photo of our finished creation to this post eventually. I've just had a new multi function oven installed so I can create my vanilla dacquoise layer without burning it to bits in my old very unrealiable gas oven. How will Robyn go with the crowning glory white chocolate flower..............so glad I don't have to temper chocolate.


Here is who is doing what, supplied via email tonight by our V8 guru Tracy

Layer 1: Lizette - Vanilla Chantilly Cream - I have the gelatine leaves for you and will give you an acetate lined tin towards the end of the week, the chantilly cream will need to be spread around the sides and base and frozen.

Layer 2: Julie (Is she coming Karen?please advise and if necess. I will make) Water Gel - Gelatine can be substituted for gellan - I would use 2 sheets of gold strength as a replacement for the 1.5g gellan. We need an 18cm square of this gel. If a bigger/smaller tin is used we will cope on the night

Layer 3: Gabi - Brulee - Just bring it along in a container

Layer 4: Sonia - Macaroon - I will grab a piping bag with the right size nozzle from school through the week. Bring as an 18cm square

Layer 5: Tracy - Chiffon Cake (includes vanilla syrup)

Layer 6: Karen L - Ganache - I am happy to do this for you - I have choc already and is very straight forward. If you do choose to do remember not to melt your choc first - it needs to be blended into the cream...you will need a blender with grunt

Layer 7: Brigid/Lisa - Almond Crunch/Dacquoise - The almond crunch gets spread over the dacquoise - really needs to be done while butter is in liquid form - you two will need to liaise!!

Layer 8: Karen H - Vanilla Glaze - I have a thermometer if needed.No need to use the titanium dioxide - it is only added to make the cake "white".Bring the glaze along as a frozen mixtureFor the Miroir Glaze use the following alternate recipe:

2 gold gelatine leaves (4g) (I have)
220g water
60g caster sugar
30g glucose

Place the gelatine leaves into cold water to soak for 5 minutes. Heat the water, caster sugar and glucose in a small saucepan until it starts to boil. Remove from heat and let it cool to 70°C. Squeeze excess water from gelatine leaves, place in saucepan and stir until dissolved. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool slightly before storing in the fridge.

Layer 9: Robin - Choc Tiles/Flowers - I have your chocolate...don't worry about the titanium dioxide.

No comments: